Fonts, editors, and dictionaries
Editors and dictionaries
We offer you some editors that allow you to work with various Tibetan fonts. A dictionary shell for the Rangjung Yeshe dictionary is also provided. So.
(1) the Unicode Editor for Windows. Allows you to type texts in Unicode. After that, you can save it in a text file or transfer it by copying it in the office. It also allows conversion
Link for download: Download:Babelpad.zip
(2) Editor Jskad.
A good editor that allows you to type texts in Tibetan in the Tibetan Machine Web font using Wiley. The program is easy to use. Link for download.
(3) a Dictionary shell that allows you to search not only by the word itself, but also by its approximate pronunciation.
(4) For those who plan to work with the Tibetan language and Sanskrit, it is also recommended to install a dictionary shell that works with the Monier-Williams dictionary. Despite some not very positive reviews about it, the ssamoy shell is relatively convenient to work with. There are several variants of this shell for working in offline and online modes. The Link will take you to the online search dictionary.
We also offer fonts for working with Sanskrit and Tibetan. For some reasons, these files are not currently stored on the site, so you can download them from the specified links and upload them to the system.
We recommend installing the following fonts for working with Sanskrit:
(2) Tibetan language
There are no examples in the form of illustrations at the moment, so only download links will be provided.
1. Tibetan Unicode (also used on the site for displaying materials).
2. Tibetan Machine Web (good for word processing).